3rd December

At work




This is part of my work area. I work in a high school as a Technology Support Officer (TSO). This position was introduced a few years ago into high schools in our state (New South Wales). The federal government provided money for the states to introduce 1 to 1 computer schemes for students in Year 9 - Year 12. 

The way our state did this was to allocate a netbook to each student in Year 9 which when they finish Year 12 they take it with them. As well they put wireless infrastructure into each high school, employed part & full time TSO's, provided teachers with netbooks & training.

I've worked at the high school in various roles on & off since I came here 18 years ago - even though I first came as a teacher. This job really interested me so I applied & got it. 

Mainly my job is to look after the laptops. It's mostly not difficult - just general trouble shooting after they are handed out each year. Our school is relatively small, so I don't have a lot of laptops to look after. So I've also taken on looking after the other 90 or so computers in the school + printers + Interactive Whiteboards etc.

Most days I enjoy it, sometimes it's very slow & a bit boring. Sometimes it can be stressful - depends on how many people need help at once! And it's amazing how many problems seem to fix themselves when I walk in the door!


Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping

School Holiday Stitching

1st December