November 3rd

A Meal



My Grammy's rissoles & gravy has to be my favourite meal. Fortunately she talked me through how to make them before she got dementia. I was living here & she told me over the phone - no quantities mind you. I'd made them a number of times before accidently working out the 'secret' ingredient! Turns out salt is what makes it taste soooo good. I've made a couple of minor changes - they have to be gluten free so I use rice crumbs & cornflour instead of bread & plain flour. Also Gram would grate the onion, but I don't like doing that so try & cut the onion as fine as I can - actually I don't mind the chunky onion. I always hope there are leftovers (not very often) so, like Gram, we can have rissole & gravy sandwiches the next day!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Comments

  1. My family recipes were always like that too. My mom will say things like, "Add milk until it's the right color." How do I know what the right color is, mom? It took me SO many times to get her recipes and my grandma's down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol We found most of them - fortunately most were pretty basic recipes to start with.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Camping

School Holiday Stitching

1st December