End of Term!

Yay, school has finished for the year. The staff at work had one staff development day (SDD) earlier in the year, so they got to finish today. For their SDD, they were each presenting a Quality Teaching project. Now although I trained as a teacher, I've never worked permanently so haven't had to do any presentations like this.

My job today developed into assisting the teachers who were using the data projector for their presentation. Our library was the venue & unfortunately isn't the best for presenting via laptop - the connection is at the back of the room. So I got to hit space bar on several powerpoint presentations. One I'd been trying to help with because the videos wouldn't work. Multitasking big time at one stage while trying to keep up with my email on a different laptop.

One of the teachers did her whole presentation in Xtranormal - it was really cool. I didn't think to ask her permission to post it, but I will. I spent most of the morning, in between operating powerpoints, trying to sort out what was happening. I figured it was a problem with Xtranormal - sure enough eventually it was posted on their forum what their problem was. Published it again & it was good to go. I was tracking what was happening on their forums & didn't think that we'd get a solution but we did. Apparently they had some coverage on YouTube this week & have had a surge in video creations.

I was in & out of the presentations, but was happy to hear that there was alot of talk of using technology & the laptops in classes. Since I'd heard a lot of negative stuff previously (mostly about kids playing games in class), it was nice. Our principal was promoting 'Breakkie with a Teckkie' (a video conference series looking at lots of Web 2.0 Tools) quite a bit, so looks like I might have some company next year! She kept calling it Breakkie with a Treckkie though!

Lunch was amazing - very difficult for me to go back to work after everyone else got to go home! Our hospitality teacher was a chef & he & some assistants made some fantastic food.

All in all a great end to the term. I get to go back tomorrow, then wait & see what happens with the flood waters!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping

School Holiday Stitching

1st December