A couple of finishes and a new start

Getting time to write has a been a bit tricky the last few weeks! Especially as there's so much stitching to do. I stitch most evenings, though usually most weeks there is one or two nights where I don't get to.

My main finish in the last couple of weeks was The Cowboy Boots. It's for a present and not fully finished yet. I have a picture in my mind of how to do it thanks to watching a lot of flosstube lately! I don't have the supplies to do it though so it has to wait until I get to a place with the appropriate stores. I really like how it turned out. It was easy to stitch and I didn't really get bored of doing only one colour. Having other projects to do at the same time probably helped!



Pattern from Instant Cross Stitch on Etsy
Started June 2018 - Finished 14th September 218

My other finish was one I only started this week. I was watching Flannel Jammies Farm on Youtube and one of her older episodes talked about a Cross Stitch Bauble project that's happening in the UK. Mr XStitch had put a call out for baubles to be stitched and sent to him as part of a collaborative art project. There is a pattern to follow and it has to fit in 4 inch frame so it's not a big stitch. So I grabbed a couple of Christmassy colours and went to work. It's pretty much been all I've stitched this week and it's finished! If I'd heard about it earlier I probably could have done more or embellished it a bit, but I'm happy with what I've done. Just need to get it in the post, hopefully this week.


Mr XStich Bauble Project
Colours used DMC - 498 & 703


I've made a bit of progress on my other WIP's and started a new project. 

The Pioneer

Country Threads Kit http://www.countrythreads.info/Enlarged%20Images/4009%20The%20Pioneer.html
Started May 2018


Christmas Joy

Pattern from Stitchrovia on Etsy 
Started September 2018

Mini Iris Kit

Mini Ornament Kit bought from an Op Shop
Started September 2018


Good Friends Are Like Stars (new project)

PDF pattern from Stitchrovia on Etsy
Started 14th September 2018


I'll be spending some time in waiting rooms this week as my oldest daughter has to have some medical tests. I'll take a couple of the smaller pieces with me to pass the time as I'd say we'll be doing a fair bit of waiting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping

My First Blog Post

School Holiday Stitching