Happy New Year!


My first two photos of 2013.




I took my brother to the airport this morning at 6am so it was an early start for me! I had thought about getting up early to take photos of the sunrise before I said I'd take him, so I was glad to get 1 photo, even if it was on my phone, out the window of the car (I wasn't driving at the time..)




I'm not used to driving to the airport so ended up in the wrong lane on the way back. As I'm driving through the very quiet streets, I noticed a cafe opening up, so I went back. I was a bit early, so sat in the car for 10 minutes. It was in Alexandria & called Grandma's Little Bakery I had the above for breakkie, not exactly sure what it's called, but it was spinach, eggs, fetta & capsicum. It was really yummy. The bread was warm & fresh (no butter, but it was so fresh I didn't mind.. much), The little dish at the top I thought was pesto - but it was really hot & tasted like it had coriander in it, it was nice with the rest of it. My coffee was my usual mocha & it was really good!

Decided I'd better get something for everyone else - got some apple strudel, honey bagels & some biscuits (including gluten free ones for E). It was a bit pricey, but everything was absolutely delicious. So much so we're planning when we can go back!!

On the way into the city we had seen a line of 5 cars on the side of the road where my brother said there had been an RBT unit 2 nights earlier - so I guess it had been set up last night. On the way back, I noticed some movement - one guy had bunked on the side of the M2 last night in the back of his ute! Maybe he should have done it earlier & would have saved himself the fine!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping

My First Blog Post

School Holiday Stitching