Seems that it's been a while since I posted - didn't realise how long until I just looked. I've started a Flosstube with my daughter since I stopped updating my blog. We talk about my cross stitch and her diamond painting! You can find us at jobee's journal In June, I started doing the 24 hour monthly challenges put out by Jen Lee (instagram handle quirksandstitches). There have been a couple of 24 hour stitching events and in June, Jen added an acrostic challenge for the month. The idea was to do something that related to the letters in TWENTY FOUR, for a certain amount of time or stitches. I liked the idea of tracking time rather than stitches - most of the other challenges have you count stitches which I just don't do! I chose to do 240 minutes on each project. I talked about these projects on our Flosstube, but I've worked on most of them since I did the 240 minutes on each of them. They are also documented on my instagram page - jobee's journal b...
A Meal My Grammy's rissoles & gravy has to be my favourite meal. Fortunately she talked me through how to make them before she got dementia. I was living here & she told me over the phone - no quantities mind you. I'd made them a number of times before accidently working out the 'secret' ingredient! Turns out salt is what makes it taste soooo good. I've made a couple of minor changes - they have to be gluten free so I use rice crumbs & cornflour instead of bread & plain flour. Also Gram would grate the onion, but I don't like doing that so try & cut the onion as fine as I can - actually I don't mind the chunky onion. I always hope there are leftovers (not very often) so, like Gram, we can have rissole & gravy sandwiches the next day! This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License .
My Best Friend No photo today. My best friend is careful about what is posted about her family on the net & I respect that. We have been friends since Year 7 -- we think... We can't seem to remember exactly when we met, only that we ended up in the same classes in Year 8 & Year 9. Amazingly we were mostly allowed to sit together in class even though we spent a fair bit of time chatting - well it seemed that way anyway. Years later our English teacher told us she didn't mind that we talked because I would help my friend in class. What I didn't know (until much later) was that she hadn't learnt to read until she was in Year 4 & often struggled with it. I still remember where we were when I told her & my other friends my family was moving away - in the upstairs corner of the library amongst the Asterix comics we would read each morning before school started. We stayed in contact though, writing letters, ringing & occasionally visiting. ...
Comments
Post a Comment