My first digital scrapbook page

Ok so part of my job is helping teachers & students with using software on the laptops they are given. The laptops have an Adobe suite on them that includes Photoshop Elements. So to teach myself how to use it I've been trying to design some digital scrapbook pages - may as well learn on something that's useful. Yes I could go & get some of the ready made stuff, but that kinda defeats the purpose of learning how to do it myself!

The last few times I've tried I've had little success, giving up before I get anything much achieved. I spent yesterday watching a whole heap of online videos about Photoshop Elements - it must have helped cause I finally got something done.

The whole layers thing was confusing me. That and other things like having to accept the changes to a photo etc before being able to do anything else (including minimising the screen). But a whole lot of time today without interruptions (everyone else is on holidays) helped. I made the mistake yesterday of selecting a folder with a whole years worth of photos in it - it took the PSE organiser all day + a bit this morning to smart tag them all (including a few program crashes yesterday)

I really like this way of scrapbooking!! Yeah the fiddly stuff takes a bit (especially while I'm learning), but things like being able to pick a colour out of a photo & 'making' a paper to match is something I really like. I have heaps of scrapbooking stuff but when it comes to finding the right colour it's always the one I don't have. No mess either or having to drag supplies out & put them away. I haven't done any scrapbooking for ages for that reason alone!

So here's my first page - well it's not finished yet. Colours are probably a weird choice - the background came from the top photo of fireworks. I like it though. & there could be more depth to it, but again I kinda like it. I want to put some journalling in one or both of the blank spots. I especially like the look of the fireworks that go over the top of the photo of P & SJ. It was an accident however - now I have to try & work out how to do it again - though now I look at it, it's just the picture of the fireworks over the top of the other picture.

The story behind it is that we went to Manly Beach for New Years Eve last year. We have dinner then have to wait for the fireworks at 9 - they are timed to go at the same time as the 'children's' fireworks on Sydney Harbour. Anyway this year as well as glow sticks, my mum brought along a box of those little bubble blowing bottles. We stood at the ferry end of the Corso, waving glow sticks & blowing bubbles. We had a blast as did the kids (and a lady next to us who joined in when we gave her some bubble mix). The kids walking up the corso to go & watch the fireworks thought it was great!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping

My First Blog Post

School Holiday Stitching